1st kitchen class in term 4...

Thursday, April 16, 2009


14 April 2009...

was my 1st class in the kitchen for term 4...
I exited came to this class course all of my group (group 4)
allowed to cook whatever style
that we want on the given ingredients.........


There were 2 person in each station....
I choose  Lester (sabahan boy) as my partner
cuz he have initiative and good attitude in the kitchen.
he also a hard-working person....
I didn't choose my malay friends cuz they are so lazy
and...... ah forget it........


our class would start at 8.00am, I and Lester came
early to make a
mise en place for our food preparation.......
also discussed about all the preparation progress......




On that day,
we were ordered to make Beef Consomme and Beef Steak With Black papper Sauce....
we co-operated
to prepare both of the dishes......
but mainly my duty on prepare the Beef Consomme....
and the
Beef Steak would prepared by Lester....


wah...... its so fun....
our dish finished early than another station...
I had a lot of time to took a lot of pic
till my friend said
"ko dah kenape abg dean......?"
"dah siap ke keje korg....?"
hahaha
jelez la tu........


This was my Beef Consomme.....
Clear and tasty....

Chef commented: very good consomme, clear and enough taste...but there had a bit oil on surface of the consomme.
we can reduce that fat or that oil by trim it with teaspoon, use the tissue paper to absorb the oil or by put the consomme in the chiller, the oil on surface would being solid and easy for us to throw it....


This was my Steak....
erm......sedap..........

Chef Comment: The decoration was not good and not nice. Because the garnish that I arranged was higher than the main course.
we must show the main course more than garnish. The sauce also so thick. My plate that I used was cold. The garnish also cold.
Only my steak that in hot condition when I sent the dish....
But my steak cooked well done. Chef said that, the best steak is must be cooked in medium rare or rare level....
the plate that I used also commented dirty....
I really didn't expect that all of this criteria was count in the marking process....
I thought he just wan to check how we decor and prepare the dish.....
huhuhu...

BTW
it was a 1st class.....
I would try my best for the next class....
I still have many times to improve my mistake on that day.......

GoGoGo DeaN......


Santan by;

0 Ladas:

Instagram